1950 NW Federal Hwy
Stuart, FL 34994
On Saturday, January 23, 2016, the Martin/St.Lucie Mariners will host the first Treasure Coast A Capella Fest which we plan (and hope) will be a monthly gathering of people interested in singing a capella in small groups from 10AM until 3PM. Lunch and water will be provided. No charge.
It will be held on the second floor of the North Stuart Baptist Church Education Building where there are seven rooms and many crannies.
- Ladies welcome. Listeners welcome. Any age. (BHS Membership not required.)
- There will be no risers, no director standing in front, no rules (at least to start with).
- If you are looking for other people with whom to sing in a quartet or very large quartet or ensemble, this could well be the place to find them.
- Oh yeah, name badges would be good. If you have
your own, please wear it. Otherwise we’ll have paper ones we’ll use.
- Bring your own music to share if you’d like. Any music
- We’ll have some mixed a capella songs on paper.
- If you want to sing tags, you’ll be in the right place.
- If you want to teach tags, please do.
- If you want to write tags, we’ll help. We’ll have Finale to record them and print them.
- We’ll have tags on paper if needed.
- (BTW, “tags” might be described as “codas” or “very short songs”.
- Woodshedding will be encouraged.
If possible, in order to plan lunch, we’d like to have some idea how many will likely be there by Friday, January 22. Just e-mail me.
Please feel free to invite whomever you’d wish.